OMG this is so good if I do say so myself…and I do! My friends love when I do a round of recipes cause I pawn off food and make them tell me what they think. This is the one recipe I get asked to make all the time.
I am known to eat for breakfast… Really!
Happy Banana. Happy Bread. Happy Hemp.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Happy Hemp
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups mashed very ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 with rack in middle. Butter loaf pan.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, Happy Hemp, and salt.
- Beat together softened butter and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time until blended. Beat in bananas, yogurt, and vanilla (mixture will look curdled)
- With mixer at low speed, add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Bake for 35-40mins until loaf is golden. Check with a wooden pick, if inserted in center of cake and comes out clean banana bread is done. Cool loaf in pan for 30mins, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.