Oliver (Golden) and Mocha (not golden) are my co-pilots in life. I love to give them treats, but hate the fatty ingredients in them. This is a great way to give them food praise without the lb’s.
Happy Oliver. Happy Mocha. Happy Hemp.
- 2 tablespoons Happy Hemp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup brewer’s yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken stock, plus more for brushing
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together, Happy Hemp, flour, wheat germ, yeast, and salt; set aside
- Place oil in a large bowl. Add stock and flour mixture in three alternating batches, beginning and ending with stock. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to about 3/8-inch thick. Shape biscuits using a dog-bone-shaped cookie cutter or by cutting around a store-bought dog bone with a butter knife.
- Write names with toothpick if desired.