The first Oatmeal cookie made it’s debut in the 1800’s. From there, the oat became one of the most popular grains ranging from oatmeal cereal to an added options in many food recipes. However, the oatmeal cookie is the most popular of the oat variations. This simple recipe is easy to make and full of great ingredients- making it healthy on the cookie scale. So fellow cookie monsters feel free to snack on these tasty delights all day!
Happy Oats. Happy Cookies. Happy Hemp.
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpouse is good too)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (aka oatmeal)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray (just for convenience :]).
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, mix together the butter, brown sugar, honey, egg and water thoroughly.
- Sift together the dry ingredients then stir in the oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix. Add any additional ingredients you’ve chosen.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.