Sometimes the best ideas are sitting right in front of you and of course you don’t see them. This is the case when it comes to hummus and hemp seeds. I eat hummus almost daily, usually while working on Happy Hemp. The thought of a combining the two had not even crossed my mind. Until… I knocked over a bag of Happy Hemp right into my bowl of hummus last week. DUH!!!??? Of all food marriages this is a match made in Heaven. So for once in my life my clumsiness has paid off!
Happy Hummus. Happy I Do. Happy Hemp.
- 2 cans no-salt-added chickpeas or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup happy hemp
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor
- Pulse 5 times or until chopped.
- Add 1/2 cup water and remaining ingredients
- Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.