Growing up my Obachan (grandma) and I would enjoy our buckwheat noodles with real bitter green tea. She would tell me rich tails of her childhood in Japan, while showing me how to properly hold my chopsticks. After lunch we would try on Kimono’s and she would show me how to dance traditional dances. Itadakimasu!
Happy Noodles. Happy Memories. Happy Hemp.
- 12 oz buckwheat noodles
- 1 1/2 cup dashi (you can buy at any Asian grocery store) or vegetable stock.
- 2 scallions cut thinly
- 1/4 happy hemp
- Bring water to a boil and add buckwheat noodles.
- Cook for 7 to 8 min and drain. Save a cup of noodle water.
- Wash noodles gently with cold water.
- Plate noodles into little bundles.
- Sprinkle happy hemp on to the bundles of buckwheat.
- Place dashi in a dipping bowl with scallions.
- Add cup of noodle water to dipping bowl after finish as a delicious soup.