So many people these days seem to be suffer from nut allergies. I can’t imagine not being able to cook without!! I love the warm roasted taste nuts lend to dishes. One of the many great things about hemp seeds… No known allergens! That means persons suffering from nut allergies can enjoy. My friend who is allergic to nuts agreed to be my ginny pig. I am happy to report he is safe and sound and now enjoy some nut-less pesto. Here is a great recipe for you non-nutters.
Happy Dipping. Happy Pesto. Happy Hemp.
- 2 Cups of Basil
- 1 Cup Parsley
- 1 Cup Happy Hemp
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Combine the basil, parsley, garlic, lemon and happy hemp into a food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Slowly add olive oil into food processor while on in a slow stream.
- Scape down the sides and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.