In my mid-twenties, I upped and move to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. A 17th century colonial village sitting about four hours North of Mexico City in the mountains. When I decided to move South of the border, the fact that I did not speak Spanish or that I had never been to SMA did not even phase me. I figured as always do…What is the worse thing that can happen? If I don’t like it, I can come back!!
So fearlessly I moved! To say the least I loved it. I stayed for nearly three years. It was an eye opening experience to say the least. Living in interior Mexico is a feast for your senses. The colors, music and the food!
The food was beyond anything I had tasted. I had had Tex-Mex and New Mexican cuisine, but I had never truly had Mexican flavors. This recipe is the way guacamole was intended to be eaten. Fresh and simple. Buen Provecho!
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp, Happy Hemp and lime juice, mashed.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno and garlic.