I love pasta and I could eat it everyday! What I don’t love is feeling full and bloated. So I have been sampling healthier pasta options, so I can enjoy guilt free. I have found that I love quinoa pasta. I honestly don’t miss my white flour friend. I serve all the time for dinner and no one know’s the difference. Plus a bonus it is gluten-free!!
Happy Pasta. Happy Gluten-free. Happy Hemp.
- 1 pound spaghetti (try quinoa pasta)
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, steamed and trimmed into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce and add the asparagus.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and chopped basil.