This salad will knock your socks off. I invited my girlfriend over for an afternoon lunch on the deck. She could not believe how good a salad could taste and actually be healthy too. We licked our bowls clean! Nothing like an afternoon lunch with great conversation and delicious food.
Happy Salad. Happy Girlfriends. Happy Hemp.
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 cups Ice
- 1 head butter lettuce, separated into leaves
- 8 ounces sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together shallot, garlic, olive oil, lemon, happy hemp, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Cut off and discard bottom halves of asparagus spears. Cut tops into 2-in. lengths.
- Cook asparagus until barely tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl of ice and cold water. When cool, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce leaves and sprouts.
- Add half of the reserved dressing and toss carefully just until coated.
- Divide lettuce and sprouts on to plates.
- Sprinkle each pile of greens with asparagus, bell pepper, and radishes.
- Drizzle the vegetables with a little more vinaigrette.
- Place 1 tbsp. goat cheese on each salad and serve with remaining vinaigrette and sea salt for sprinkling if you like.