This recipe is courtesy of my neighbor Mal. She made this scrumptious pasta for the Happy Hemp soiree. Warm or cold this is the perfect dish. Main course or side!
Happy Nutty. Happy Neighbor. Happy Hemp.
- 2 ounces almonds, shelled
- 1/2 cup happy hemp
- 2 ounces pistachios, shelled
- 1 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- Splash olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, for grating
- Zest of 1 orange, optional
- Put the nuts and herbs in the food processor and whiz up. The mixture will be fine, but should still have texture, not be completely pulverized.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain.
- Toss in a bowl with the nuts (reserving some for garnish), olive oil, cheese, and orange zest, to taste, if using. Serve immediately.