Scones are the diamonds to the bakery world. You can make them sweet or savory….blueberries to bacon. These versatile little pillows are such a great treat.
Happy Scone. Happy Belly. Happy Hemp.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup chilled butter, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat open to 400 degrees.
- Lightly sprinkle a 14×16” baking sheet with flour. In a large bowl, combine flour, pecans, Happy Hemp, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture with two knives or pastry blender until it has the consistency of small crumbs.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and one egg. Add to flour mixture and stir until just moistened. The dough will be wet and sticky, work it as little as possible.
- Divide the dough in half and shape one piece into a 9” circle on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the blueberries evenly over the dough and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of sugar. On a lightly floured piece of parchment paper, form a 9” circle with the remaining dough and gently slide it on top of the berries.
- Beat the remaining egg with 1 tsp water and lightly brush the egg wash over the top of the scone. Optional: sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Bake until scone in golden brown, 20-30 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. When cool, cut into wedges and serve.