Living in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico you have to learn to distinguish between bells, calls and whistles. These daily chimes alert you to food, flowers, trash and other daily needs…. much like ice cream trucks in the US. The chime of the triangle alerts you of the trash truck, the whistle of the recorder calls you to sharpen your knives. My personal favorite was the gentlemen yelling… EEEELLLLOOOOTTTTEEE! Let me introduce you to the best thing since slice bread! Elote aka corn is a sinfully delicious combination of flavorers. This dish will be sure to impress. As they say in Mexico… Buen Prevecho (to your health)!
Happy Flavors. Happy Viva. Happy Hemp.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise or veganaise.
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ears shucked corn
- Prepare grill.
- Combine mayonnaise and juice in a small bowl. Combine cheese and next 5 ingredients in another small bowl.
- Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray.
- Grill corn 12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove corn from grill or cut from cob.
- Brush with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle with cheese mixture.