If you could pick a single food that represents the American culture, it would have to be corn. Around for thousands of years, the Native Americans called corn Maize. Our very own Christopher Columbus traded with the Indians and took corn back to Spain, which eventually spread into rest of Europe. The tradition of corn has continued over the years…ringing in holidays to celebrating the 4th of July. This vegetable continues to thread it’s way into the pattern of American history.
- 1 Corn on the Cob remove husk
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Happy Hemp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a medium heat allow the pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiled, add in the corn into the pot and cover. Cook for 10-15 minutes depending on how soft you want your corn.
- Drain water and remove corn on the cob. Be careful as cob will be extremely hot.
- Top the corn with butter and happy hemp.
- Salt and pepper to taste.