Chris and I rang in our first officially unpacked and settled into Austin weekend. What better way than to have great friends over for home cooked food, flowing beverages and belly rolling laughter?!
The Friends… enter the Holmes. One of my favorite things about moving to Austin is the entire Holmes Clan lives here…all 5 plus husbands and pets! They are the type of people who have never met a stranger and there is always a place at the family table for you. So there is no better way to christen my home than with a Holme…
The Food: As this was an impromptu dinner party, Chris and I headed to Central Market with a loose menu and a let’s see what looks good game plan. We decided on a Veggie Pasta with Goat Cheese Crusted Pinwheels and Southwest Marinated Pork Tenderloin.
- 1 Box Spaghetti
- 2 Bunches of Asparagus; chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Jar Sun Dried Tomatoes; Cut into small pieces; Set oil aside in small bowl
- 1 Bunch Spinach; washed stems removed
- 2 Shallots; finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic; finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8oz Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup of Happy Hemp
- Cook pasta and set aside.
- In a Large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Saute Garlic and Shallots until golden.
- Next add in Spinach and cook down.
- Combine Asparagus and Sun dried tomatoes and half of the tomato oil to the skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 min or until Asparagus turns brilliant green.
- Add in the cooked pasta and the rest of the tomato oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Place Happy Hemp on a plate.
- Pat out aprrox 1 ounce goat cheese wheels. Cover in Happy Hemp
- Serve pasta with goat cheese wheel on top
Ingredients Pork Tenderloin:
- 2 Pork Tendorloins
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- Place all ingredients into a ziplock bag and seal. Move around with your hands coating the loin throughly.
- Place in fridge to marinate for hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly sear on stove top 1 minute each side.
- Place into baking dish and cook for 30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Take out and let rest for 10 min. Slice and serve. Middle will be a slight pink.
With plates licked clean and glasses empty… I can officially say our house is a home!
Happy Home. Happy Austin. Happy Hemp.