Since I have arrived to Austin, I have been catching up with all my old friends and dining out quite a bit. That means everything from BBQ to Fried Okra. What is also catching up with me is the calories. I feel like I am going to gain the freshman 15… but Austin 15 if I don’t watch out.
So yesterday, I headed to the gym with a girlfriend to catch a pump class. I had been meaning to check out the gym as a possible place to join and carry Happy Hemp… so 2 birds… one stone. Perfect!! We were off…
I think the better name for this class should have been “I am going to kill you!!” I knew I was going to be sore, but really got the full understanding as I sleepily drifted to the bathroom to pee. I was jolted out of my sleeplessness when I tried to sit down. OMG!! My legs, butt, knees, skin, hair were on fire. Awake now… I tempted to just fall backward on to the toilet without bending my knees. Did not work. Eventually I came up with a one knee bend, slow roll down, off to one side, bracing the wall, sit down maneuver while whimpering. Today I full intend to get around minus my legs…. still working on the “How” part.
When trying to keep the lbs off and Keeping the taste on, my go to is a simple rice and bean combo. It is yummy packed with health and it won’t make your legs hurt!
- 1 Can Black Beans
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2 Cups Water
- 3 Tablespoons Happy Hemp
- 1/2 Avocado Sliced
- 1 Dollop Sour Cream (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Put brown rice and water together in a pot with a lid. Set the heat to maximum, and bring the rice/water to a boil uncovered.
- Then put the lid on the pot, and reduce the heat to low/simmer. Let the rice simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let the rice sit in the covered pot for another 10 minutes.
- In saucepan heat up the black beans on medium heat.
- Place rice and beans in a bowl and sprinkle Happy Hemp on top of rice.
- Add avocado slices and sour cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Happy Simple. Happy not legs. Happy Hemp.