This is a dish for the eyes and the tummy!! Stuffed peppers are great feast that is not only filling, but healthy.
Perfect way to kick off the fall season!!
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 6 bell peppers
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese (optional for vegan)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
- Slice peppers in half remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the black beans, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, Happy Hemp, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper.
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake 1 hour, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
- Last 15 minutes cover with cheese.