I have not been on a bicycle since I was 12 years old. That being said the word “bicycle” may not be the right word. I think it was a Purple Princess with wheels fully equipped with banana seat and tassels coming out of the handlebars. I was so cool!
So when my girlfriend asked me if I wanted to ride bikes yesterday, I thought how hard can it be? As easy as riding a bike!!?? Right? WRONG…As much as I love the wisdom that comes with age… Wisdom really sucks when getting on a bike after 15 years +. I hated to admit that the girl who once bungee jumped, swam after she ate and ran with scissors was a big ole’ chicken!! However fear was not going to hold me back and so I hopped on and desperately tried to keep pace with my amiga.
Now in my head I looked like Lance Armstrong, but in reality I was a red hot mess all over the place. I literally was yelling at people ahead of me warning them to get out of the way.
So the great thing about heading down to Town Lake is the “down” part. Yep what must go down must come up. URGH!! Hills stood between me and home and I was not happy. So a little liquid encouragement was needed!! Two margaritas later thanks to Maudie’s, I was ready to face the mountains.
So the key to a large hill is speed and gear change, neither of which I was getting! So a 1/4 of the way up the hill, I would putter out. I had to walk that stupid bike up almost every f#)%*ing hill. With hills and fear in my way, I still was able to persevere. Today I will walk the dogs instead as my butt is on FI-YA!!
Now what’s the best part of a successful work out you may ask???? The reward of the meal! What’s better than pasta!? Nothing!
- 1 large eggplant or 4 baby eggplants, peeled and cut into 1/3 inch slices
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Box of spaghetti
- Arrange a layer of eggplant slices in a colander. Sprinkle generously with salt. Combine breadcrumbs with Happy Hemp.
- Cook Spaghetti according to box.
- Continue layering and salting all eggplant slices. Let stand 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg, and dredge with breadcrumb Happy Hemp mix.
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Over medium high heat fry eggplant in hot oil about 2 minutes per side until golden. Drain on absorbent paper
- Preheat oven to temperature 350°F Arrange half the eggplant slices in the bottom of baking dish sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Spread half the sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with half the mozzarella and half the Parmesan. Repeat layers
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until mixture is bubbly.
- Serve on top of a bead of pasta.