This year I thought summer was never going to end. Not sure if it was the temperature or the move, but Fall was welcomed with opened arms. With the arrival of the change of seasons, there is always a changing of the guards in my house. Closets are rotated form sundresses to over sized bulky sweaters. Sandals are packed up and boots are lined up. The fridge rotates from peaches to squash. Even my craving seem to change from simple to hearty. One of the many crushes I have on fall would be making big pots of soup. Nothing beats the slurp of hot soup on a cold day.
My mom always would make a big pot of stew on the weekend for us to enjoy whenever we got hungry. The trick is the finishing touch. She would add pesto and sour cream to each bowl. Not only does it add amazing flavor, but the presentation is gorgeous. Bon Appetite!
- 2 pounds stew beef (optional for Veggies)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 packet frozen veggie medley
- 2 potatoes peeled, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Happy Hemp
- Brown meat in hot oil.
- Add in onions, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and garlic to meat. Continue to brown for about 10 minutes.
- Add in rest of veggies to the above mix. Add water to the top of the mixture and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, cover and simmer for 2 hours. Check every 20 min. Stir and water as needed.
- Place soup in bowl. Add a spoonful of pesto and dollop of sour cream on top of soup. Sprinkle Happy Hemp on top.