12 days of Christmas is not exactly the most logical gift guide in 2011, but with some modern day translation… I think we can manage to come up with some local alternative options!!
- On the first day of christmas, my true love gave to me a, Partridge in a Pear Tree: In the spirit of fruit, instead give the gift of Argus Cidery (arguscidery.com). This yummy brew is a great way to get the Christmas night started. Also makes for a lovely hostess gift in lieu of wine.
- On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Two Turtle Doves: If you have a foodie in your house, who loves game may I suggest Dai Due (daidueaustin.net) is an amazing purveyor of meat, veggies and charcuterie. Also located at the Farmers’ Market. Yum!!
- On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Three French Hens: Texas is not known for French food, but they are known for some mighty fine Tex-Mex. A gift certificate to Chuy’s is always welcome. Dot please!
- On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Four Calling Birds: Calling on you to give a home to a four legged in need. Instead of buying… I say adopt. Austin Pets Alive (austinpetsalive.org) is full of sweet loved ones in need of cozy homes. Also make a donation in the name of a loved one is a wonderful gift option this year. Animals equal happiness!
- On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Five Golden Rings: Check out Shaesby (shaesby.com) for the perfect sparkle gift for the special lady in your life.
- On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Six Geese-a-Laying: In the spirit of laying around and relaxing, love a day at the Spa. Milk and Honey spa (milkandhoneyspa.com) is a vacation without having to pack or deal with the airport. Exhale!
- On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Seven Swans-a-Swimming: Treat the girls to a swim in the best drinks in Austin. La Condessa (lacondesaaustin.com). May I suggest the watermelon-elderflower martini….Perfectly de-lish!
- On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Eight Maids-a-Milking: Get your milk on with some great cheese from Antonelle’s Cheese shop (antonellischeese.com). PS gift basket!
- On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Nine Ladies Dancing: Tickets to the ballet… Can’t get more fabulous than that. Take your honey to the Austin Ballet (balletaustin.org). The nutcracker is the perfect holiday ballet. Very chic!
- On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, Ten Lords-a-Leaping: You can’t do graceful leaps without the perfect shoes. By George (bygeorgeaustin.com) has the latest in fashionable and gift certificates. Perfect from head to toe!
- On the eleventh day of Christmas,My true love gave to me, Eleven Pipers Piping: Instead of promoting smoking… give the gift of health! Happy Hemp (happy-hemp.com) is the perfect stocking stuffer. Happy Gifting!!
- On the twelvth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me,Twelve Drummers Drumming: Waterloo (waterloorecords.com) is my go to for music. I don’t know anyone who does not love music. Records too!!
Whatever might end up under the tree this year. Remember to shop and support your local businesses! Happy Shopping. Happy Local.