Are you a fan of Kale? If not you should be. This beautiful emerald gem is pact full of minerals, vitamins and protein. Being single and cooking for one can be a challenge. Cooking a big pot of soup is the perfect single option. The extra is evenly distributed in tupperware and throw into the freezer for a later date. In a pinch I grab one out of the freezer and have a hot healthy meal, instead of a quick fat fix.
Happy Single. Happy Chef. Happy Hemp.
- 1 pound kale, stems removed and leaves washed
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can whole tomato, drained and chopped
- 2 cans cannellini beans, (14.5 ounces each), drained and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups chicken stock, or reduced-sodium canned broth
- 8 tablespoons of Happy Hemp (2 per serving)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 French Baguette
- Grated Parmesan cheese, (optional)
- Cut the kale into 1 inch strips.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the saucepan and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add half of the beans and lightly mash with a fork.
- Add water and stock, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in kale, tomatoes and remaining beans.
- reduce flame and simmer for 30 min or until kale is tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Happy Hemp.
- Tear off a piece of bread and serve on side.