Let’s just face it, Mac and Cheese might be the answer to all problems big and small.
Have you ever seen a person upset after eating Mac and Cheese? I think not!!
Some how that warm gooeyness can make all things seem not so bad.
Today we have upped the jackpot by adding in Hatch green chilies!
- 1 bag of wheat shell pasta.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup Happy Hemp Seeds, Raw
- 1/4 Hatch roasted chilies, diced.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a separate pot, melt the butter and flour together. Whisking make sure to avoid lumps.
- Add in Milk slowly while stirring. The mixture will slowly thicken.
- Temper in the egg. Stir cheese and chilies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fold the macaroni into the mix and pour into individual ramekin.
- Top with remaining cheese and Happy Hemp seeds.