I have to be in a swimsuit in exactly 15 days, 15mins and 3 seconds. I have 5lbs that I would prefer not to take the beach. So cooking favorite meals and dropping the calorie intake is my mission. I am a tortilla girl. The way I grew up, if I was hungry I would heat up a tortilla, add butter + salt and voilá! Insta-snack. Add the cheesy gooey love and, well, it is a recipe of thighs and hips. In attempts to leave my ‘extra baggage’ behind on my upcoming vacay, I decided to try out a new recipe that’s more forgiving to my curvy bod. AND I still get my tortilla (: happy girl!
Happy Sweet Potato Quesadillas
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
4 large eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
8 small (about 6-inch) corn tortillas
2 tablespoons Happy Hemp raw seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cube sweet potatoes, in a bowl mix drizzle with olive oil, cumin seeds, paprika and Happy Hemp raw seeds.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake about 20 mins.
- While potatoes are baking, cook eggs (sunny side up) on medium saucepan.
- Divide sweet potatoes among 4 tortillas.
- Transfer tortillas onto medium saucepan (save yourself the trouble and use the same one you used for the eggs!)
- Cook quesadillas until slightly charred.
- Serve each quesadilla topped with a fried egg, add salt and pepper to taste.