Alright, it’s time to ditch the scary stigma that surrounds raw cooking. There is nothing to be scared of and I am going to attempt to prove that with this incredibly delicious and easy Cheesy Kelp Noodle raw dish that deserves 3 raw-raw-raws! Because yes– it is THAT good. Did I mention how easy it is to make?
If you have been living life without having tried kelp noodles, allow me to introduce you to the healthy alternative to it’s heavier cousin the rice noodle. With only 6 calories per serving, these bad boys are guilt-free and yummmy!
1 Package kelp noodles (I used Sea Tangle)
2 Cups raw cashews, lightly roasted
1/2 Teaspoon kosher sea salt
2 1/2 Tablespoons organic nutritional yeast
1/2 Cup Happy Hemp raw seeds
2 Teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 Probiotic supplement pills (can be found in any wellness section of grocery or health store)
2-3 Sprigs of fresh rosemary
Mircosprout greens to garnish
- Rinse the cashews and soak in warm (filtered) water, just enough to cover them, overnight with a dash of sea salt and probiotic power from supplemental pills.
- Before processing, rinse kelp noodles and soak in a bowl of filtered water for 10-15 mins to help to soften (noodles are often crunchy if used right out of package).
- In the meantime, place cashews in the food processor fitted with “S” blade.
- Gradually add olive oil and sea salt to cashews in food processor, scrape down sides as needed.
- Once done processing, add in sprigs of fresh rosemary, lemon juice and Happy Hemp raw seeds and mix with spatula.
- Strain kelp noodles and transfer into large bowl.
- Add cashew cheese into bowl with kelp noodles, mix and serve!
- Top off with microsprout greens & nutritional yeast (instead of parmesan cheese) to garnish!
- Enjoy this rawk-star dish!!