10 Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Dandelion Greens:
1. Happy Calcium – With more calcium than kale, this mean green gives you 10% of your daily serving in just one cup!
2. Happy Iron – Its high iron content is great for our blood-oxygen system! Feeling tired and weak? Give your body what it needs with some iron!
3. Happy Low-Cal – Like all leafy greens, dandelions are too low in calories. A whopping 25 calories per cup.
4. Happy Antioxidants – Their vitamin A and C content helps facilitate iron absorption!
5. Happy Detox – Adding them into your juices or smoothies helps to cleanse your liver.
6. Happy Minerals – Rich in minerals like copper, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, and magnesium.
7. Happy Protein – The greens themselves are 14% and have all the essential amino acids which makes them a complete protein!
8. Happy Multi-Vitamin – Along with vitamins A and C, they are a great source of vitamins E, K, B1, B2 and B6.
9. Happy Nutrients – Jam packed with nutrients, dandelions help reduce risk of cancer, multiple sclerosis, cataracts, and age-related macular degeneration!
10. Happy Food – Add them into your meals or juicing regimen to elevate it to superfood status!