I am so ghee-dy with excitement to share with you the most amazing South Asian butter– ghee! It is one of my top 5 favorite things in the universe, seriously. There is no other butter-esque ingredient I would rather use! On my recent trip to Houston, I happened upon an enchanting indian-casbah restaurant and met the ghee of my dreams. Pondicheri was the matchmaker of my new love affair! Upon purchase all I could think about was ‘when am I going to be home and what am I going to cook?!’ Then that night, I had a dream. I dreamed of ghee-nie! When I got home, I decided to take advantage of it being spaghetti squash season and make spaGHEEtti squash boats!!
1 Spaghetti squash
2-3 Tbsp ghee (can be found at Whole Foods or Central Market)
3 Cups spring greens (kale, arugla or spinach)
3 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp Happy Hemp raw seeds
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half (end to end) & clean out inside with spoon (use your Halloween carving skills).
3. Rub inside of the squash with ghee & add generous amount salt & pepper.
4. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the inside is soft to touch (use fork to test).
5. While squash is baking, wash/dry spring greens for salad & place in large mixing bowl.
6. In a separate small bowl or cup whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt & pepper to taste & toss with spring greens.
7. Dice avocado & tomato into cubes & set aside.
8. When squash is ready, scrape the inside with fork. It will look just like spaghetti.
9. Using the squash boat, move the spaghetti squash inert to one side & put spring greens on the other side.
10. Top off with avocado, tomato, & Happy Hemp raw seeds.