Fancy a challenge? Try saying “Happy Almond Parsley Pesto Pasta” 7 times in a row. Ha!
I go nuts for pesto! I’ve tried just about every variation known to man and this one is definitely top 5. I originally found this recipe in this month’s Bon Appétit magazine, you might recognize it from the photo on the cover! I did tweaked it just a bit, added my little twist to it! I reduced the parsley and added basil. Oh, and added some hemp seeds, of course! (;
The parsley, basil, parmesan and almonds really compliment each other beautifully to make an incredibly balanced and flavorful pastey-sauce. I love this recipe because you can really taste the nuts, olive oil and parmesan. The parmesan offsets the bold taste of parsley and basil. It’s heavenly for your tastebuds. I’m very much a visual person. So for me, food not only has to taste good, but I need it looking tastey! The vibrant greenish-yellow color of this pesto is magnified.
Easy on the eyes, delicious in the belly.
1 lb. gluten-free pasta
1/2 Cup unsalted, roasted almonds
3 Cups (packed) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 Cup basil
3/4 Cup chopped fresh chives
3/4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 finely grated Parmesan
5 Tbsp Happy Hemp seeds, raw
1. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water, stir occasionally, until al dente.
*Reserve about 1 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
2. In a food processor, pulse almonds until smooth.
3. Add parsley, chives, basil, raw Happy Hemp seeds, oil and parmesan until smooth.
4. Season pesto with salt and pepper.
5. Toss pasta and pesto in a large bowl, adding pasta cooking liquid by 1/4 cupfuls until saucy.