Vacation is over! For both myself and my care-free holiday diet. I don’t know about you, but after this 4 day weekend I’m in need of a serious diet adjustment! While the chips and guac’ bender was mighty fun, it’s time to practice what I preach and focus on the healthier side of life!
I wouldn’t have changed a thing though. Made priceless memories boating with friends, both new and old, while enjoying the ever-so scorching Texas summer heat. I seriously went from having a sad little beginners base tan to a ‘did you just get back from Hawaii?’ tan. Life is better with a tan.
But now, playtime is over, time to get back into my routine! I always crave avocados in the summer time. That was one of my favorite things about living in California. Fresh off the farm California avocados! So this week, in an effort get my body back on track. I decided to start the morning off with a healthy new recipe!
1 Avocado, ripe
2 Tbsp Happy Hemp seeds, raw
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional Toppings: salsa, hot sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and scoop out enough of the avocado flesh to make enough room to hold an egg.
3. Squeeze fresh lime juice all over the avocados and sprinkle with salt.
4. Fill baking pan with 1/2 inch of water and place avocado halves in the center.
2. Crack an egg into each avocado half. Don’t worry if some of the white spills over– it will poach in the water.
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes until eggs reach desired doneness and egg whites are set.
4. Serve warm and add topping of your choice.