It’s Labor Day weekend y’all! The unofficial end to the summer season. Which, honestly, as it’s 104 degrees outside– I can’t say I’m too upset about! BRING ON THE FALL ! I thought I’d enlighten you all with some fun facts about this glorious holiday that allows us to do whatever the heck we want, because working, on Monday Sept. 2…. ain’t nobody got time for that!
- The first Labor Day was celebrated in New York City back on Tuesday Sept. 5, 1882.
- As part of his political campaign in 1894, President Grover Cleveland, made good on his promise to make Labor Day an officially recognized US holiday. Thanks Grover!
- In 1955, in Avondale Estates, Georgia, Waffle House opened it’s doors to the public.
- Labor Day is also celebrated in Canada, except they refer to it as May Day.. eh?
- 99.44 % of the time, the NFL plays it’s first official season game the Thursday after Labor Day. Are you ready for some football!?
Have a safe and enjoyable Labor FREE holiday! Cheers to the 3 day weekend!