Who doesn’t love oatmeal cookies? Besides chocolate chip cookies, they are like the most universally liked cookie. Who knows, they might even have their own Facebook page… I love that you can jazz them up with nuts, chocolate chips, coconut flakes, nutty butters or just keep them plain Jane! I think them best when they’re big, fluffy and chewy. So if you’re like me, this recipe is for you!
2 Cups packed brown sugar
4 Cups quick cooking oats
1 3/4 Cups all-purpose flour
1 Cup shortening
1/3 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
5 Tablespoons Happy Hemp seeds, raw
1 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg
1 Teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat brown sugar, shortening, milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a bowl until mixture is creamy.
3. Stir oats, flour, Happy Hemp seeds, baking soda, and salt into moist ingredients.
4. Drop dough by spoonful onto non-greased baking sheets.
5. Cut banana into thin slices and place on top of each piece of cookie dough.
6. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until browned.