For me, Thanksgiving is less about the turkey and more about the sides. Green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberries and the glorious white fluffy mashed potatoes. If there was a cloud 9, it would be made of mashed potatoes. If there were an 8th wonder, it would be mashed potatoes. So my love for mashed potatoes can be a little too much, meaning oops I made way too much. After feeding 11 people dinner, seconds, and day after leftovers I still had an entire container left. Time to get savvy, reuse, and repurpose these babies into a new masterpiece. Breakfast coming right up!
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Happy Hemp seeds; raw
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Take a spoon full of mixture and pat out into medium size patties.
- Place skillet over medium heat and lightly coat with cooking oil.
- Cook patties on each side until golden brown.