With the chilling temperatures dropping below freezing outside, I have been making big pots of homemade soup to warm the inside. I always prefer a side dish to accompany the bowl of love, but seeing as how I’ve made that resolution to lose 10lbs– no bread slathered in butter for me! Simple side salads are the answer. Plus this salad tastes amazing…always a must!
- 1 bunch of kale, chopped
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/3 Happy Hemp seeds, raw
- 1.4 cup almonds slivers, toasting optional
- 3 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- goat cheese to top
- In a large mixing bowl add kale, brussels sprouts, currants, almonds and Happy Hemp seeds.
- Mix in a separate small bowl the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the dressing over the greens and toss.
- Plate and add an optional tbsp of goat cheese to the top of each plate.
For tips on making the kale amazing, visit our blog on Sexy Kale!