Kitchen mistakes are not always a bad thing. The end goal of this recipe was a gluten free power bar…fail! All that I ended up with were crumbles, but those crumbles were amazing. So now I have a new granola recipe to snack on while I go back to the drawing board on the bar! Cheers to making happy mistakes.
- 1/3 C. local honey
- ½ T. vanilla extract
- 1 ½ T. coconut oil
- 1/8 t. sea salt
- ¾ C. toasted almonds
- ¾ C. toasted cashew pieces
- ½ C. unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ C. raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C. Happy Hemp seeds
Yields: 6 servings
1. Preheat oven to 300° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and sea salt in small saucepan. Bring to light simmer.
3. Combine almonds, cashews, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, and Happy Hemp seeds in a mixing bowl.
4. Fold honey mixture into the bowl of nuts/seeds until evenly coated.
5. Spread mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.