Normally we pre-plan, pre-shop, pre-think out our recipes. This was a whimsical moment of creative deliciousness. It all started with a lone head of cabbage in the kitchen that needed to be used. Jessica offered up the apple she bought for lunch and we were on our way to what became a slaw masterpiece. With a dash of this and a pinch of that from the pantry, the most amazing recipe came to life! I have to say, we are nearing almost 300 recipes created for Happy Hemp and this makes my Top 3 All-Time Favorite list.
For the salad:
- 1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 Red Delicious apple, julienned
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup Happy Hemp seeds, raw
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Combine all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl, until well mixed.
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl.
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss.
Yields: 8 servings