Cauliflower is probably not the first thing that comes to mind when I say pizza. Not as a topping and certainly not as the crust. I have to say I was even a little skeptical myself. I highly recommend next time you have a craving for pizza and want a fun spin and a healthier option, I dare you to give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1 cup cauliflower couscous (process raw cauliflower florets in food processor until you get a very fine couscous-like texture)
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Happy Hemp seeds, raw
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put cauliflower couscous in a thin tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. This will help in achieving a chewy pizza and not a crumbly mess.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Press onto baking sheet with your hands in the shape of a pizza, about 1/4 inch thick. Note: This won’t handle the same as a regular pizza crust.
- Bake 10 min and remove. Add desired toppings and bake for 4-5 more minutes, until crust is golden brown and toppings are warm.