Peas and I go way back. It’s a love hate relationship. I hated them and my mom loved to make me eat them. They were the cause of many a long night sitting at the dinner table all by my lonesome. I would spit them into my napkin, hide them under the baked potato skin, even swallow them whole so I would not have to taste them. I have since come around and given peas a chance. To say the least, I am a fan and this recipe is smashing. This is for all you veggie haters turned veggie lovers. Enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16 oz bag frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup Happy Hemp seeds, raw
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- *optional Happy Hemp seeds, toasted for sprinkling olive oil to drizzle
- Melt butter or olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add shallots and garlic. Sauté until fragrant. Mix in the peas and stir regularly for 4-5 minutes, until tender.
- Take off heat. Stir in parsley, avocado, raw Happy Hemp seeds, lemon juice, sea salt and black pepper. Roughly mash together until well combined.
- Add in pepitas and a drizzle of olive oil. Mix until well incorporated. Sprinkle with toasted Happy Hemp seeds.
- Enjoy on it’s own or serve on a cracker with fresh mozzarella.